Background

10.27.2011

HAPPY DANCE!!!



It forms in my head first.

And then I visualize myself doing it.

Pointer finger in the air, my other three fingers connecting with my thumb. In sign language it's a D, but in my reality, it's the beginning of...

THE HAPPY DANCE!

And then the other pointer finger goes in the air.
The music starts slowly. Then faster, and faster, and faster. {May I remind you that the music is in my head.} My fingers are pumping up and down, simultaneously with my knees, as I jump from one foot to the other, a big ol' grin on my face.

I look like a crazy person!

My husband knows this dance, and a few poor friends, who have happened to be with me on the fabulous occasion when THE HAPPY DANCE must be done.

And what is a celebratory occasion for  this finger-pointing, bent knee-jumping silliness?

When I come across a fabulous find of this or that. 


Take today for example: there I am, minding my own business, plopping Ty in his car seat to pick up Tanner from pre-school, dreaming of a Chik-Fil-A lunch date with my boys, backing out of the driveway, passing the neighbors house...

What's that on the curb?


An old locker? {I'm loving the color}


hmmm.. wait, could it be?


A vintage suitcase?


She can't be getting rid of it!


Is she? She must! It's on the curb!

THE HAPPY DANCE music begins ...

Suddenly, as if by a magnetic pull, my car is screeching into the neighbors driveway, and I'm hopping out, motioning to the suitcases, palms skyward in wonder, a goofy grin on my face, looking at her questioningly.

"Those suitcases?," she points. "Those were my grandfather's World War 2 suitcases. I'm getting rid of 'em."

I can hardly breathe. THE HAPPY DANCE music is deafening at this point, and I'm having trouble controlling my fingers from pointing upward.

"You know you can sell those for quite a lot," I explain. {Did I really just tell her that?} I silently scold myself. But hey, she is our neighbor and she could get quite a lot for them.

"Nope," she sweeps her hand at her packed garage and informs me that she is "cleaning out."

THE HAPPY DANCE is at full momentum now. My knees are bent springs, as I bounce from one foot to the other, fingers pointing at the sky, up and down, up and down, like french toast sticks popping up from the toaster!

HAPPY DANCE!! HAPPY DANCE!!

Authentic, original World War 2 suitcases. Well, blow me over with a feather, because this is a HAPPY DANCE occasion!!

Welcome, suitcases, you are the newest addition to my fabulous, Happy Dance Finds:






-

It's been a good season for THE HAPPY DANCE.

A couple of weeks ago, we took an impromptu family getaway to San Luis Obispo, and I frequented the Speckled Hens Show, where THE HAPPY DANCE debuted, once again! 

My current accessory obsessions are funky long necklaces, large rings and must-have purses!

This is my latest fave necklace I found at the show~ On one side, a fun, yellow, textured pattern:


And on the other, my life motto, "Eat dessert first." How appropriate!


A chunky ring I scored at Little Italy's Farmer's Market in San Diego!


A must-have purse for this Fall! I'm the gal that buys a new purse once every two years, so this is big for me :)

What makes you do THE HAPPY DANCE? I can hear the music now...


1 comment: