Background

5.11.2012

Honest Confessions

I ran into a friend at church today, one who I don't see often enough, but am convinced, if we were neighbors, our boys would provide daily entertainment in the form of dinosaur-playing or fort- building
while we'd take turns snuggling her sweet girl
and
laugh
way
too
much!

Within five minutes, we dug down to the inner corners of our hearts and scooped out the gut-honest realities of what life resembles when you add a second child to the family.

It's so hard!
Oh, the fog!
The exhaustion!
And the excessive TV watching, guilt over divided time with your first-born, multi-tasking to the millionth degree.

Oh, the joy that you really can love another little person as much as your first!

No time for fluff.
Just the raw, here-they-are-confessions.

Honest confessions.
They are good for the soul.

So, in the spirit of confessing, I'll scoop out some more gut-honest realities and share them with you.

I'm experiencing God at work personally, and in my hubby, more than any other time in my life. It's life-tilting, scary, and hopeful all in the same breath.

I'm 99% sure we are done having kids.

I'm building a passion for parents with young kids, specifically in regards to mentoring and coming alongside them in that terrifying, full-of-awe season.

I'm dreaming of writing a book, and am clinging daily to God's leading.

I'm learning that just because people don't react to me in a way I would, doesn't mean that they don't love me.

I'm witnessing spiritual warfare firsthand and have a reverent, new-found respect for prayer.

I'm enjoying watching Tanner's creative side~ it stirs smiles within me.

I'm obsessed with Ty's guttural giggle~ it sends me over the moon!

I'm missing my college girls {why must we live so far from one another?}

I'm feeling insignificant that I don't have a part-time career.

I'm reminding myself that this season with two, small boys is a vapor. In those moments of being discontent or exhausted, I try to focus on the eternal, not temporal.

I'm trusting in God's perfect timing.

 I'm feeling more comfortable in my skin the older I get.


Care to scoop out some confessions of your own?





1 comment:

  1. I miss you. That is my confession. And that i eat entirely too much dessert. Love you!

    ReplyDelete